Distinguished Service Award Nomination Form
The Wyoming Optometric Association (WOA) Distinguished Service Award, is an award that recognizes an individual doctor of optometry or an individual who has distinguished themselves within the association and profession for significant meritorious contributions and outstanding achievements contributing to the advancement of the WOA and the profession optometry. It recognizes sustained dedication rather than any single contribution.
Nomination for the WOA Distinguished Service Award may be made by any member of the WOA, employee of the association or the general public.
All nominations for the Distinguished Service Award shall conform to the following requirements:
- Nominee may be actively practicing, retired, outside of profession, or in memoriam.
- Nominations are submitted to the Executive Director of the WOA.
- All substantiating documentation must be submitted as outlined in the nomination form.
- Nominations must be submitted by the published deadline.
- Previous recipients are eligible for the Distinguished Service Award.
- More than one award may be awarded per year.
Nominees will be evaluated according to a point system allocated to the following areas:
Service to the Association and the Profession of Optometry
Contributions of personal effort and time on behalf of the association’s advancement in such areas as:
- Leadership roles for the association or profession.
- Organized Optometry
- Optometric writer, author, and/or lecturer
- Administrator in optometry
- Legislation furthering the advancement of optometry
- Association sponsor or supporter
Involvement in such areas as:
- Public health
- Protecting the visual welfare of society.
- Access to care
- Military, health care leadership, or other role.
- Administrator in health care.
The Distinguished Service Award will be selected by the WOA Award Committee. The Distinguished Service Award is presented at the annual meeting of the WOA, when awarded.